Two saved in abandoned bar fire
SAN ANTONIO (Houston Chronicle) – San Antonio firefighters pulled two people from a burning building on the North Side Tuesday morning.
The fire started around 1:30 a.m., in an abandoned building near the 800 block of San Pedro. Officials said a faulty AC window unit was likely to blame for the blaze.
When crews arrived, they found flames coming from a rear window in the two-story building, SAFD said.
FirefighterNation: San Antonio Firefighters Rescue Two in Abandoned Bar Fire
Bill Carey is the Online News Manager with Clarion Fire & Rescue Group, specifically FirefighterNation.com and FireRescue Magazine. Bill served as a firefighter, sergeant, and lieutenant at Hyattsville in Prince George’s County, Maryland. His writing has been in FirefighterNation, FireRescue Magazine, Fire Engineering, and other publications and websites. His work on firefighter behavioral health was nominated for a 2014 Neal Award for Best Subject-Related Series. He has been a presenter at Andy Fredericks Training Days.